Monday, August 27, 2012

Sophomore - Wise Fool


 Today I dropped my 'baby' off at Prosper High School as a Sophomore. It's difficult to understand where the time has gone. I'm starting to get that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach that she will be going off to college the next time I blink my eyes. Life has a funny way of flashing past us without even really realizing it.
  I just discovered today that the word, Sophomore, literally translates as 'wise fool'. How true it is that as teens we thought we knew it all, but in reality we were so clueless. I guess I can speak for myself on that one, but I will say that I'm very proud of McKenzi and all that she has accomplished and the wisdom that she possesses which tends to be far beyond her years.
I guess it's days like this that make me realize that I need to cherish the time I have left with her at home.

No comments: